Advice and Guidance

Any questions?

Your first point of contact will always be your child’s class teacher.

If you require any further advice, please contact our SENDCo, Miss Child either by riniging 01924 451631 or emailing [email protected]

There are a range of organisations which can support parents and carers of children with special educational needs. These include:



KIAS is an organisation who offer support, advice and guidance. The service is free and totally confidential and offers support to parents and carers of children and young people who have already been identified as having Special educational needs. They also support parents or carers who are concerned that their child may have Special Educational Need.

KIAS can be contacted on:

Tel: 01484 225422

Email: [email protected]




PCAN is an independent, parent led forum in Kirklees for all parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs from birth to 25.

You will find lots of good information, links to social media for networking with other parents and information about working in partnership with service providers across Kirklees. PCAN aim to improve services for children and young people with additional needs.

They welcome all parents or carers, whether you are just beginning to be aware that your child or young person may have additional needs ,or if they have a confirmed diagnosis or disability.

You can contact PCAN on

Tel: 07754 102336

Email: [email protected]

Address: PCAN, Suite 230, 6 Queen Street, Huddersfield HD1 2SQ