Support Available to Tackle Food Poverty
As you know, accessing Free School Meals is just one of the ways that local families can find help. The current pandemic is leading to an increased number of people who are experiencing – or are at risk of – financial hardship and food poverty. We therefore wanted to send you a summary of the help that is available for Kirklees families, from the benefits system through to support within our communities.
Please see below the links and information you might find useful either for you and your family or for someone you might know in the community.
- To see which benefits you may be entitled to, and for help with applying,
- To find out whether you qualify for free school meals
- Our Local Welfare Provision scheme helps vulnerable people in short-term crisis with food and essential items.
- Our coronavirus help and advice page shows the range of local organisations who can help
- We also have a page all about financial support
- You can find community response information in other languages.