Year Two - Home Learning Challenges - Tuesday 19th May
Date: 19th May 2020 @ 9:37am
Eid Baking Challenge
This year Eid will be different for all of us as we will be staying home. Why not help to make something to eat for Eid? You could make some Eid ookies and share them amongst your friends and family!
Here is a recipe you might like to try. The recipe below is for 12 cookies.
- 1 Cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, little by little at a time.
- Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
- Divide the dough into workable batches, roll out closer to ¼ inch onto a lightly floured surface
- Cut out the cookie using your favourite cookie cutters. We used the Islamic shape cookie cutters.
- Bake about 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Decorate with edible colour markers.