Resources and Activities
Below are a few platforms that you can use at home to assist you in your children's learning from home
Purple Mash Online Learning Platform
· All children from nursery up to Year Two have been issued with a username and password for the Purple Mash Online Learning Platform. To access this go to the Parent Section (Online Learning at School and Home) on our website.
Teachers will be posting activity tasks for their class in the 2Do section. They will be able to see what children are accessing and the tasks that they are completing. There are also a range of activities on the site that children can choose to complete themselves.
Rising Stars E-Books
· We have just purchased a new reading scheme for school called Rising Stars, Reading Planet. As part of this, there is the option for e-books to be made available at home. Although, we have not formally launched this in school, we have made the decision to make these available immediately for children to access at home. Within your child’s homework pack are instructions of how to access the books online, the school login details and your child’s unique password. We are also uploading the Parent Guide onto the website (these are available in various languages). Please look under the main heading Learning and the Curriculum sub-heading reading to find these.
· To access this go to the Parent Section (Online Learning at School and Home) on the website. Key Stage One should all have individual logins and passwords. They are, however, the same username and passwords as the ones being sent out for Rising Stars, Reading Planet.
· We use Phonics Play resources in school. They are offering free access to children at home if you use the following username: March20 and password: home. The link to Phonics Play is on our website or you can type: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ into the search bar.
White Rose Maths
This website contains short daily videos of maths lessons, with lots of ideas for practical resources you can use to support the children's understanding of mathematical concepts. You can then extend these ideas using items you might find at home. Using real life examples will help to embed the learning and make it meaningful for your child.
Type White Rose Maths Homelearning into your browser and choose the appropriate year group.
Daily Challenges and Information on the School Website www.pentlandinf.co.uk
· Class teachers will be updating their class blog daily with a new learning challenge.
· There are also links to various online learning sites and suitable YouTube links in the Parents section and if teachers discover more we will add them as we find them.
Home Work Packs and Exercise Books
We recognise that not all families will have access to online learning. For this reason, we sent the children home with an exercise book each and a home work pack of activities. The exercise books can be used for the daily challenges or any additional work that you may do with them. Remember these don't have to be complete in one week.
This is a useful booklet which contains advice, tips, resources and activities that the whole family can get involved in. It contains links to home learning resources, advice on how to structure your day, what to do outside, virtual space experiences, online zoo tours and much, much more.