Free School Meals Information
Free School Meals are offered to families who meet one or more of the following requirements
Children and young people who live in Kirklees can apply for free school meals if they:
- attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form
- are under 19 years of age
and their parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
If you get free school meals you will continue to receive financial help to buy food . You will have received a letter if you are eligible.
If you are newly eligible because circumstances have changed due to COVID-19, you must apply for free school meals through Kirklees council. They will then let you and the school know you if are eligible.
Any parent wishing to claim free school meals because their circumstances have changed, please click on the link below where you can access more information on Free School Meals and how to apply for them.